Automobile Engineering is one of the core engineering departments of PACE, established in the year 2010-11. The department offers a four year graduate program in Automobile Engineering with an annual intake of 60 students. It aims to gear up to the students technically competent to suit world class industry and academia. Some of the important subjects taught during the course are Auto chassis, Automobile Transmission, Auto power plant, Advanced IC Engines & Vehicle Transport Management. Student undergoes practical sessions during the program and has an opportunity of short term training in related industries.
The Vision of the department is to mould the students in to professional and competent automobile engineers of high caliber who can meet the global demands.
The mission of the department is committed to import quality education in the field of automobile engineering and help augment the knowledge to the students through quest lectures, seminars and conferences, so that they are well accepted by global industries.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to design an automotive or a thermal system that meets desired specifications and requirements.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to identify, formulate and solve Automobile engineering problems.
- Graduates will be familiar with modern engineering software tools and equipments to analyze automotive engineering problems.
- Graduate can design, plan and execute projects related to automobile industries in an orderly manner with due considerations for financial constraints.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to function on engineering and science teams, as well as multidisciplinary design teams.
The B. Tech AME graduates will be able to:
- To prepare students for successful careers in automotive and ancillary industry that meet the needs of Indian and multinational companies.
- To develop the ability among students to synthesize data and technical concepts for application to automotive design.
- To Provide opportunity for students to work as part of teams on multidisciplinary projects.
- To impart students with knowledge, innovation and skills towards research, design and development of Automotive Systems and allied integrated systems of global standards for benefit of society. To impart knowledge of alternate fuels and emission control in IC engines.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment by learning and employing new programming skills and technologies.
- Ability to use diverse knowledge across the domains with interpersonnel skills to deliver the Industry need.